This policy covers your residential property and/or contents from loss or damage caused by fire, lightning and domestic explosion. The coverage could also be extended to include special perils e.g. storm and tempest, flood, earthquake, riot, strike and malicious damage etc with additional premium.
Sum coverage will have to be separate for physical building and/or for content.
A basic fire insurance allow you to customised your coverage, you can add-on specific perils that poses risk to you, below are some of the perils available:
- Aircraft damage
- Earthquake and volcanic eruption
- Storm tempest
- Flood damage
- Impact damage
- Bursting or overflowing of water tanks apparatus or pipes
- Riot strike and malicious damage
- Electrical installation Clause B (for businesses)
- Bush fire (for businesses)
- Subsidence and landslip
- Spontaneous combustion (for businesses)
- Damage by falling tree or branches and objects thereform
- Sprinkler damage (for businesses)
- Smoke damage (for businesses)
If your house is surrounded by huge tall trees, adding Damage by falling tree make perfect sense. Likewise, if you house is along busy road, impact damage should be added etc.
When asking for a basic fire quotation, make known the additional perils you wish to add-on so that your property is well covered.